There are many good blogs and discussion forums I have found informative and evidence-based. I present some of my favourites below.
These Facebook forums strive to offer a respectful atmosphere for evidence-based discussion on complex contemporary topics:
- Food and Farm Discussion Lab – Ever wanted to learn more about agriculture from people who know all about it? This is a great place to go.
- Vaccine Information Awareness – please read their rules before posting (they maintain a high quality feed with no articles from scraper sites that steal original articles for ads revenue, and promoto evidence-based discussion).
- Research Junkies – Journal club for research papers and discussion about research
- Sex and Gender Lab – Everything about society, sexuality, and gender.
- Healthy through science and Alive with science are good places for health and life sciences.
- Skepti-forums used to be a coordination project, but are now run independently. I help run Parenting Skepti-Forum nowadays. The biggest of the forums is GMO SF, there are also Genetics and Evolution Skepti-Forum, Health SF, the general Skepti-Forum and many other sub-forums.
- The Garden Professors blog – Large discussion group on evidence-based gardening
- Understanding Creationism and Evolution – Providing a platform for dialogue
- The Finnish forum for Ecomodernists (website here): Suomen Ekomodernistit – SEM
These blogs are excellent resources for reviewing evidence on various topics.
- Biofortified – science-based discussion of biotechnology, food, and agriculture
- Applied Mythology – Voice of experience on agriculture and biotechnology
- Weed Control Freaks – Research on sustainable weed management
- Doccamiryan – Society, science, technology and agriculture by Dr. Cami Ryan
- It’s Mom Sense – Parenting and food
- Climate Gamble – Excellent Finnish tech writers on climate and energy
- Neurologica – Skepticism and science by Steven Novella, MD
- Science-Based Medicine – Group of medical professionals on medicine
- The Logic of Science – Critical thinking on a variety of topics
- Horticultural myths – A great site from the founder of Garden Professors on FB
- Skepti-forum – Featured posts from the members of Skepti-forums
- The Skeptical raptor – Medicine and pharmaceutical industry insight
- Red wine and applesauce – Health and science for parents by journalist Tara Haelle
- Brave New Climate – Sustainable energy by Dr. Barry W. Brook.
- Debunking Denialism – Defending science against the forces of irrationality
- Science of Mom – Parenting and science
- The Farmer’s Daughter – Inside look at farming
- Respectful insolence – Pseudoscience crack-down
- Foodconnections – The skeptic’s guide to food intolerance
- Making Sense of Fluoride – Countering the misinformation on water fluoridation